Jill Soukup Biography
Jill Soukup’s work is an exploration of dualities. The intent is to capture the balance, beauty, and energy created through the intersection of opposite elements – the mechanical and organic, angular and curved, structural and soft. As a result, urban landscapes shape the way animate subjects are seen and vise versa, bringing a level of complexity to simpler images and simplicity to the intricate.
Soukup is the recipient of numerous awards and honors, including Featured Artist of the Coors Western Art Exhibition and Salon, Southwest Art Magazine’s Art Award, Coors Exhibition and Sale (2012), and the Jury’s Top 50, Salon International Museum of Contemporary Masters (2006,2007, 2008) to name a few. She was recently featured in Fine Art Connoisseur’s Artists Making Their Mark, in addition to feature articles in American Art Collector, Southwest Art, and The Artist’s Magazine.
Her paintings hang in prestigious collections such as the Coors Western Art Permanent Collection, the Honeywell, Inc. Collection and Denver Children’s Hospital.
- Abend Catalog, The Art of Equine Architecture
- American Art Collector, Drawn to Horses
- American Art Collector, Industrial and equine architecture
- Art Talk, Jill Soukup
- Art Revue, Interview: Jill Soukup at Abend Gallery
- Competition Spotlight, Jill Soukup
- Cowboys & Indians Gallery
- Denver Woman, Meet Jill Soukup
- Featured Artist, Coors Western Art Exhibit and Sale, 2013
- Southwest Art Magazine Art Award, Coors Western Art Exhibit and Sale, 2012
- People’s Choice, Coors Western Art Exhibit and Sale, 2011
- Best of Show, 2D, Representing the West, Sangre de Cristo Arts & Conference Center, 2010
Upcoming Exhibition/Competition Schedule
Coors Western Art Exhibit & Sale
National Western Complex
Expo Hall, 3rd Floor
Cowgirl Up: Art from the Other Half of the West
March 21 - May 4, 2014
Desert Caballeros Western Museum
21 North Frontier St.